Associate Structural Engineer – Careers
Elliott Wood is an award-winning engineering company with a strong ethos, to Engineer a Better Society - designing, innovating and collaborating within the built environment to deliver better infrastructure for our people and planet.
At Elliott Wood you would have the opportunity to join one of our structural teams, working on a diverse range of projects including high end commercial new build projects (such as Copyright Building), complex refurbishments of existing buildings (including Old War Office, The Ned and Bow Street Hotel), mass housing projects and masterplans (such as Harrington Place, Woking), school projects (including St John’s, Leatherhead) as well as architecturally challenging private residential projects (such as Anna & Ava House and CorTen House).
Alongside this, you’ll be part of a team who are always striving to do things better, not just technically but ethically, to positively impact the climate emergency. We are looking for like-minded individuals who can help us continue to deliver these amazing projects and have a positive impact on society.
We are on the lookout for a driven and talented Design Engineers to join our practice. The role will provide high quality and unique services for a wide range of sectors and diverse projects involving both new build and refurbishment works. The role offers an excellent opportunity for a creative and ambitious structural engineer to progress within our practice as part of our team.
- Minimum of 8 years proven Structural Engineering Experience
- You seek practical, efficient and innovative solutions
- You are a confident communicator, skilled in liaising with Clients, Architects and Contractors
- You strive working collaboratively within a team structure
- You have a drive to develop new opportunities to broaden Elliott Wood’s portfolio
We would love to hear from you today if you:
- Have experience working in a management role overseeing team performance and working with, and reporting to a Director
- Responsible for overseeing numerous projects and project teams – with direct line management and leadership of 10 technical staff with opportunities to grow the team
- Are chartered within the IStructE/ICE
- Demonstrate sound judgement and are astute in managing medium to large projects (typically £5m to £100m) including the associated risks, project finances and costs
- Are you highly experienced and technically competent to seek practical, efficient, innovative and elegant technical solutions
- Have the proven ability to manage the workload of self and others within tight timescales and on budget, whilst providing sound advice and guidance
- Have strong influencing, communication and coaching skills that enable you to build, maintain and consolidate strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and external bodies, including leading design meetings
· A competitive salary package with generous pension contribution.
· A comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme and subsidised gym membership.
· A culture of enthusiasm, creativity, and collaboration.
· An opportunity to lead and shape projects and bringing your individual thoughts and ideas to fruition.
· Elliott Wood operates an ICE Accredited Training Scheme to support you in your progression towards becoming chartered.
· Opportunities for training, mentoring of skills development and encouragement for career progression.
Interested? Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com