Senior Civil Engineer – Careers
Elliott Wood is an award-winning engineering company with a strong ethos, to Engineer a Better Society - designing, innovating and collaborating within the built environment to deliver better infrastructure for our people and planet.
Our civil engineering team are on the lookout for a conscientious and ambitious civil engineer to join our rapidly expanding business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a civil engineer who does not want another task-based role, if you want to be embedded in a team and culture of change where your opinions and thoughts are realised, then look no further!
Our new senior civil engineer will be passionate about sustainable infrastructure, and be comfortable working in a fast paced, busy environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to discuss this opportunity with you further.
About the role
Your main duties will be:
- Acting independently to investigate solutions, you will explore options, work closely with the wider design team to develop, and communicate design solutions.
- Preparation of design drawings, reports and specifications from project inception though construction.
- Communicating with clients and growing relationships.
- Attendance at meetings / workshops – reporting progress, presenting ideas, or collaborating to overcome challenges.
- With the support of the Team Leader, provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
The successful applicant will have:
- Sound and proven knowledge and experience of civil engineering design in drainage and highways.
- You will be a collaborative, persuasive and engaging individual who gives their all to ensure the solutions are high-quality and practical.
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in:
- Preparation of sustainable drainage strategies across a wide range of sectors and diverse projects including both new build and refurbishment works.
- Foul drainage design including basement drainage, pumps and surcharge protection.
- Preparation of flood risk assessments.
- External works design including hard landscaping and site-wide levels
- Section 38 / 278 highway design.
- Knowledge and experience of design and analysis programmes, in particular Autodesk Civil 3D and Micro Drainage.
- A competitive salary package with generous pension contribution.
- A comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme and subsidised gym membership.
- A culture of enthusiasm, creativity, and collaboration.
- An opportunity to lead and shape projects and bringing your individual thoughts and ideas to fruition.
- Elliott Wood operates an ICE Accredited Training Scheme to support you in your progression towards becoming chartered.
- Opportunities for training, mentoring of skills development and encouragement for career progression.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. If this role sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.