Associate Director / Director - Transport Planner – Careers
Central London / remote working options
Salary: dependent on experience
As part of our growth strategy at Elliott Wood, we are seeking an experienced Associate Director / Director, who is a strategic thinker and self starter, to support the growth of our Transport Planning team. We are looking to grow our team with individuals with a strong technical background and that share our drive and enthusiasm to question the status quo and engineer a better society.
Elliott Wood is an award-winning engineering company focused on the built environment, including structural engineering, civil engineering, transport planning, highways engineering, sustainability and BIM. Our Transport Planning team works with clients, architects, planners and other property professionals across all sectors throughout the development life cycle, providing services from site feasibility through to completion.
We provide strategic advice to clients as well as preparing Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Construction Logistics Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans, Car Park Management Plans and prepare Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications.
You will be working with a variety of professionals within a multi-disciplinary environment, giving you the opportunity to be a key player in the success of the business unit as well as developing your own expertise further.
- Expert in Transport Planning field, a highly experienced and competent practitioner with strong leadership qualities.
- Effective client relationships and a good understanding of industry challenges.
- Established market reputation with a demonstrable record of winning sustainable and commercially viable projects.
- Great influencing and communication skills that enable you to build, maintain and consolidate strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and external bodies.
- An experienced Project Director and successful Bid Director.
- Work with the Transport Lead on technical, managerial, and financial matters.
- Development and delivery of projects/advice to high quality and client satisfaction.
- Champion and integrate Sustainable Development and innovation into the work environment and projects delivery.
- Strategic thinker and self-starter adding to a positive culture of the team.
- Extensive experience in directing projects and the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans and Construction Logistic Plans.
- Work collaboratively with the ability to make autonomous decisions in line with and supportive of Elliott Wood’s strategy.
- An ability to demonstrate proven management techniques including project and resource management as well as the mentoring of junior staff.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, town planning, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (TPS, CIHT, CILT, IHE, ICE).
- Experience working across the UK would be ideal.
Your benefits will include:
If you join Elliott Wood, you will receive a competitive salary and can explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. We also provide a monthly contribution towards a gym membership to support your health and wellbeing. As an employee owned company, you will also be eligible for a discretionary annual company bonus, which is based on personal and company performance.
What we offer:
When you join Elliott Wood, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by our leadership team. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only engineering a better society but exploring what is possible. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we will help you reach yours.
Interested? Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
This is a direct recruitment campaign and does not require any agency support.