Finance Manager – Careers
Central London (with remote working and occasional presence in Wimbledon)
£40-45K (alongside a competitive benefits package)
Elliott Wood is a growing practice with a forward-thinking culture and approach. Our mission is to engineer a better society - to design, innovate and collaborate with our industry to do better things for people and the planet. We engineer for the common good – from making dramatic improvements to the life of a town or a city, through to nurturing a new generation of exceptional technical and creative thinkers.
Engineering is often about the unseen, but we aim to reveal the hidden opportunities in every structure, making it work harder and uncovering new assets for our clients. With more than twenty years in practice, we continue to be curious. We are no ordinary engineers.
We’re now looking for a talented, hands-on Finance Manager to join our Finance Team and help support our growth in a highly varied role. This position will suit you if you’re an energetic Accountant and have a broad-range of Accounting skills, including Management reporting, and you love working for a growing SME and liaising with a highly collaborative team. You should be part-qualified or QBE, and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
As Finance Manager, you’ll own the preparation of management financial information, including the annual budgeting and reforecasting exercises, lead the related reporting for internal stakeholders, and help to streamline finance systems, controls and ways of working.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly finance report and business commentary.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual business plan.
- Maintenance and adjustment of the budget model.
- Regular liaison and communication with budget holders and business managers with respect to financial management, including delivery of ongoing training.
- Preparation of forecasts providing comparison of actual to plan / forecasted performance together with an analysis of variances from planned performance.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records in line with the requirements of the Companies’ Acts, tax legislation and UK GAAP.
- Preparation and processing of month end journals required to produce monthly profit and loss and balance sheet statements.
- Efficient operation of the purchase ledger, sales ledger and cashbook.
- Cash management of the business including the preparation of weekly cash flow projections.
- Liaison with external Accountants on the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Involvement in development and migration of business and accounting systems.
- Preparation of employee bonus payments where applicable for review by the Partners.
- It’s essential that you’ve got strong management reporting experience developed during your time at fast growing SME’s, ideally within professional services. You’ll also have:
- An innate ability to explain financial information clearly and accurately to non-financial staff at all levels.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cash-flow experience.
- Well developed analytical skills including strong Excel.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in Sage accounting software, and ideally Xero
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Practical experience of project management software
- Demonstrable project management skills.
If you’re a great Finance Manager, and enjoy the hands-on aspects of such a role, please don’t hesitate to reach out for more information! Send your CV and cover letter over to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
This is a direct recruitment campaign – no agencies please!